Home cooked meals
I offer family style, mix & match meals and prepare a wide array of options for diets of all types. Whether you have special dietary needs or just want to remove the burden of making dinner, I am here to make your life healthier, easier, and more delicious!
When I cook for your home, I will:
- Plan a menu for your approval.
- Shop for the freshest ingredients.
- Spend 2-4 hours in your home preparing your meals.
- Make 6-9 dishes based on your preferences – a mix of proteins, vegetables, starches, and anything else you may request.
- Label each dish and provide reheating instructions.
- Clean up – leaving you with a spotless kitchen and a week’s worth of meals.
Contact me for pricing and sample menus
Personalized Kitchen Consultation
Whether you’re moving into a new house, have just finished a kitchen renovation or are simply ready to overhaul your setup, I’ll help you create an organized space for streamlined meal prep and cooking. My consultations are about making sure you have the essentials for healthful, delicious cooking at your fingertips. I’ll tell you what you need…and what you don’t.
- take a thorough inventory of all of your cookware, gadgets, and electrics.
- set aside anything worn-out or broken for disposal.
- leave you with a list of recommended items to purchase and, if you wish, shop for those items.
- integrate the new items into your kitchen.
- help you map out and organize your kitchen for optimal ease and efficiency.
Dinner and Cocktail Parties
Want to throw a fabulous cocktail or dinner party, but cringe at the thought of all that work? Or just don’t have time to prepare?
Never fear — you’ve called in an expert! My carefully-planned, comfortable events can include anything from a few casual hors d’oeuvres to a multi-course dinner with drink pairings and just about anything in between.
Cooking with kids
I’m proud to offer private cooking parties for kids of all ages. Perfect for birthday parties or any other occasion, your children will have the opportunity to explore high-quality ingredients and prepare delicious, seasonally-based menus. I design classes specifically for your kids’ age, experience and interests. Classes are held in your kitchen, so no need to trek around town. Sample classes include:
- The Yummy Library – See your child’s favorite literary characters come to life in new – and delicious – ways with recipes inspired by their favorite stories including The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Green Eggs and Ham and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.
- Color Me Hungry – Healthy foods can taste – and look – great. We’ll focus on your child’s favorite color to put together a delicious, nutritious and attractive plate where nothing is artificial and everything is the same shade of fun!
- The Dessert Lab – Science has never tasted so good as we experiment with the best of the gooiest and chewiest to find out how chocolate melts, why cakes rise and what makes whipped cream so fluffy.
- Tasty Travels – We’ll pick a spot on the map and focus on the local cuisine, introducing your child to exciting new flavors and fresh ways to look at foods that may already be on his or her favorite menu.
Kids don’t get to have allthe fun! I offer classes for adults, too, where we’ll create restaurant quality, feel-good meals together in your own kitchen. I’ll do the shopping and planning, customize the menu based on your goals and skill level, and provide you with your own recipes – perhaps even a selection from some the books I’ve written! If you like, I can assess your pantry inventory and kitchen equipment and help you select and collect everything you need to create simple, satisfying meals in a snap.
There’s a reason parties always begin and end in the kitchen: that’s where the fun is! My private cooking parties bring people together over food and offer your family, friends or professional colleagues an opportunity to have fun with a dash of learning added to the pot. Your guests will learn useful cooking skills while making a tasty meal and building memories that will last long after the last bite of dessert and last sip of wine is gone. From fresh pasta 101 to tacos with a twist, I can customize a menu to fit your needs and likes and structure it either as a hands-on class or a demonstration activity. Whether you’re a corporation looking for a team-building activity or you have a special occasion to celebrate with family and friends, it doesn’t get any better than cooking and eating together.